Sunday, April 8, 2012

Instagram vs pixlr-o-matic

My Lonely Lamp
First of all, happy Easter everybody! The popular Instagram app that was once exclusive only for the IOS finally became available for android users a few days ago. But honestly, I can't really see what the fuzz is all about. I've been using pixlr-o-matic and to me it seems a much more capable photo editing app than the current version of Instagram for android devices. I have never owned an iPhone nor have plans in the future so I really cannot say if this app is indeed great in that particular device, but I can definitely say that pixlr-o-matic is a much better option for photo-editing android users. I think it has much more effects compared to the current version of Instagram unless of course they add a bunch more in future updates. One thing I do know is that Instagram has a much larger social scene than pixlr-o-matic, although images can also be uploaded and shared in the latter. So what I suggest is you edit your pictures using pixlr-o-matic and upload it on Instagram for now. Maybe I'll finally see the greatness of Instagram after some more updates but for now, I think I'll stick with my very capable pixlr-o-matic.

The photo on the left is taken by my Samsung Galaxy Note and edited using the pixlr-o-matic app for android.

Regardless, if you want to download and try the android apps I mentioned above and judge them yourselves, the links are below.

pixlr-o-matic

Instagram

1 comment:

  1. I prefer pixlr o matic any day. I tried instagram just to see what the hell it was about and iwas kinnda disappointed actually. Pixlr has more stuff like borders, overlays and effects so you can mix and stuff. Instagram just has too little to offer.

    ReplyDelete