Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Odesk

A few years ago, I was quite fascinated by the idea of working at home because of the perks like the things I mentioned in my previous post and decided to register at Odesk. I was a bit frustrated with the service though because in order to have a great chance of getting a project, you should either be an old timer with a very high review rating or is willing to provide slave labor. So I looked for my opportunity outside of that system and was very fortunate enough to find some work with some steady cash flow.

I decided to search for a job there again today because I think I currently have a lot of free time in my hand and I felt I could be using that time in very productive ways, you know, like earning more money. This time though I think I now have built a particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people with the same particular set of skills. But if I get a job at Odesk, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for more. I will not pursue more work. But if I don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you. Wait, that didn't sound right. Oh well. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment